- Category: Admissions
- Created on Friday, 13 April 2012 12:06
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 25 July 2012 09:35
- Published on Friday, 13 April 2012 12:06
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 1498
- How does reading challenge my ideas?
- How does thinking about reading affect my sense of who I am?
- How can I learn from examining a writer's strategies and effects?
An important part of the Chinquapin curriculum is the students’ immersion in two complementary courses each year (except their senior year) devoted to reading and writing in English. The Language Arts curriculum promotes an understanding of the writing process and the power inherent in written communication, sensitivity to the nuances of language and vocabulary, and an appreciation for standard usage and grammar. It also introduces students to effective research skills. The English curriculum seeks to foster a love of reading, to teach close reading for effective comprehension, and to engage students in critical thinking both about literature and their lives.
6th Language Arts
7th Language Arts
8th Language Arts
9th English I
9th Language Arts I
10th English II
10th Language Arts II
11th English III
11th Language Arts III
12th AP English